XLS or OLE

Started by BALAKRISHNA, December 17, 2009, 12:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BALAKRISHNA

Anyone Developed an application to have two coloumns One with header TEXTDATA and another for a comment. these two to be used by the AutoCAD user to store text information required for their drafting and double click on TEXT DATA cell to insert that instance of text into Drawing also these parameters user should be able to Add, edit and delete. I have tried with existing Spreadsheet tool. could not get much of it. please help me in this regard. there may few more people may thinking in the same direction.
cheers
BALAKRISH

BazzaCAD

I'd use a GRID or ListView control.
Do you have anything started yet?
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

BALAKRISHNA

NOT Yet, But I will Shortly

Fred Tomke

Hi, BALAKRISHNA,

I attached the new splitter sample for you. There are only 4 properties in the grid. But that should be enough fo a first look. Although comboboxes are used, you can also imagine they would be editboxes.

And I attach some screenshots with grid samples for properties.
Using the spreadsheet I've mentioned in my mail may have the disadvantage that you'll need to install Excel on the machine you want to run your form, I believe. The OpenDCL grid works on every machine.

Let's build it together. Make a list of textdata you want to add and then will start the project.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

BazzaCAD

Hay BALAKRISHNA,
Have a look at JB's examples:
http://www.opendcl.com/forum/index.php?topic=993.0

Check out the Palette example & the Keynotes tab page.
This might be very similar to what you're trying to do...
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom