Grid_CalColWidth

Started by Fred Tomke, January 05, 2010, 05:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Tomke

Hello,

please have a look at the Grid sample. When I append a column the CalcColumnWidth method returns the width of the new column. But unfortunately it is too small on XP with enabled visual styles and normal font size. I have to add another 15 pixels to make the full title visible. Does this depend on OS and Visual Styles?

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

The MSDN documntation mentiones that "The returned width takes into account the control's current font and column margins, but not the width of a small icon."  Does that explain the difference you're seeing?

Fred Tomke

Hello, Owen, unfortunately it does not explain it in detail or I didn't understand quite well.

Quote[...]but not the width of a small icon.

There is no icon the column header?!

Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

I think the problem has no easy solution, other than to always add 12 or so pixels to the result. CalcColumnWidth calculates the minimum width of a column in he list control, but this is not necessarily the minimum width needed for the same text in the header control. I think the platform and control version could all affect the minimum width needed, but probably the only way to do it is to add a fixed number of pixels plus the image width if there is an icon.

I changed the code int he Grid sample to the following, and it seems to work on my Windows 7 system:
Code (autolisp) Select
(Setq cWidth (+ (dcl_Grid_CalcColWidth GRID_Dcl-1_grid1 txt) (if (>= cImg 0) 48 12)))

velasquez

Using the same subject. 
Was a ToolTip already included to show larger texts than the field in Grid? 
Thanks, 
velasquez

owenwengerd

Quote from: velasquez on January 06, 2010, 01:18:28 PM
Was a ToolTip already included to show larger texts than the field in Grid? 

I've added that for Alpha 19.

Fred Tomke

Quote from: owenwengerd on January 06, 2010, 10:53:54 AM
I changed the code int he Grid sample to the following, and it seems to work on my Windows 7 system:
Code (autolisp) Select
(Setq cWidth (+ (dcl_Grid_CalcColWidth GRID_Dcl-1_grid1 txt) (if (>= cImg 0) 48 12)))

Owen, I 've uploaded new DEU grid sample files. We had a test on Win XP, Vista and Win7. We've found out that it must be added another 15 pixels using VisualStyles and normal system fontsize with wndows default font.
I also changed the icon size to 16x16 because sometimes the column icon is larger than the height of column header. That looks not nice so I decided to resize.

Fred
Fred Tomke