Owen pulls off the amazing once again.
https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1935958&forum_id=658811
(Note: still a work in progress)

[attachment deleted by admin]
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

jb

A few questions / observations about palettes.

1. will the palette form have vertical tabs?  Like the Properties Palette?  If not, the horizontal tabs will work just fine for me - like the design center.  I'm just asking because I'd like to start creating a master palette form for all my apps . . ..

2.  The collapsible container - it's nice but it sure does take up a lot of room.  Now we run dual 21" monitors so vertical space in palettes is not an issue, but for other users this might be a nice option.  With a bit of coding though, I've been able to mimic this behavior with the visibility property of controls.

3. I'm assuming, because it's there in the options menu, that transparency will be available.  Again I don't use it, but it would be nice.

This is a wonderful product.  Thanks Owen for all your hard work.   ;)
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber
Black Horse Development, LLC

owenwengerd

JB, there are no plans to support vertical tabs in the palette. I'm hoping to get transparency working. So far I've been unable to get the Options menu to work, but I'll keep trying. :)

jb

That's cool actually.  I can start working on my master palettes!!!  With palettes, jbTools will rule the world . . . <dr. evil voice on> mu ha ha ha </dr. evil voice off> :D ;)
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

BazzaCAD

Quote from: jb on February 14, 2008, 09:53:23 AM
That's cool actually.  I can start working on my master palettes!!!  With palettes, jbTools will rule the world . . . <dr. evil voice on> mu ha ha ha </dr. evil voice off> :D ;)

Sorry, this forum doesn't support the <dr. evil voice > tag, maybe over at TheSwamp :)
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

Fred Tomke

Hi I have an exmaple, too.

Fred

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

jb

Barry . . .  :D

Fred, How stable are palettes in 5??  I want ot start using them NOW!  Your's look pretty cool.  Are those you own collapsible containers?
James Buzbee
Managing Memeber

tlindell

Very nice!  So glad to see this being worked on.

I did a quick test, is palette anchoring a part still being worked out?

Fred Tomke

@jb: You must know, in 5.0.0.4 this is the first step of implementation of palettes. This form you see above was a dockable form before so it took me less than a minute to create a palette of of it: copy & paste does a really good job. I have the feeling that you can't compare it with palettes which can be defined in CUI: So I can understand, when side-tabs (don't know the right word) won't work with OpenDCL.

It it stable for testing. Keep in mind, it's the first implementation step. All the conext commands still don't work. I have an OnRightClick event in an other palette form. But it competes with the OnRightClick event of the form.

But at this time it works very well and I'm looking forward to use it for production.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]