how can i get a text box to word wrap

Started by andrew, January 20, 2012, 12:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew

i seem to be stupid at the moment... ??? ???

i cant seem to find where to set a text box to word wrap

can anyone point me in the right direction?

kenkrupa

Are you sure you want a text box? That's used for user input. If you want to display a message, use Label - that will wrap automatically.

andrew

thanks for the tip thats what i decided to go with.

its alot easier :)

Fred Tomke

Hi,

for the case a textbox is needed to set the content wrapping automatically, you have to set textbox to multiline style, activate vertical scrollbars and auto-v-scroll and deactivate horizontal scrollbars and auto-h-scroll.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

MiD-AwE

Fred Tomke,

I followed your instruction exactly but the TextBox is still acting like a single line with horizontal scrolling only without the horizontal scrollbar. The vertical scrollbar is visible but the text never line breaks to drop-down to the next line.

Am I missing something? I using the latest version of OpenDCL.

Thank you.

EDIT:: Something is definitely wrong. Owen suggested adding "\r\n" for line breaks, but they just pint out the same as any other text. No multiline?

Ok, in the TextBox Properties -> Filter Style I found 8 - Multiline String. There is no substitute for clear concise information. Thank you.

Fred Tomke

Hi, your last EDIT was the first thing I've mentioned: multiline style.
I hope everything works now.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

MiD-AwE

Works great Fred. You are right you did tell what to look for but the details of where to look were fuzzy.