Win 8.1 "Failed to save document" error

Started by commodore, April 10, 2014, 08:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

commodore

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 64bit
Using OpenDcl Studio 6.0.2.5

If I open and edit a DCL file located on the server I can save that file one time, any subsequent attempts to save I get an "Open DCL" error
"Failed to save Document" (see attached).

If I move the file to my machine I can save multiple times with no errors.

I downloaded and installed OpenDcl Studio 7.0.1.4 and still had the same error trying to save the file on the network multiple times.

I then had a Win 7 64bit user open the same file on the network with OpenDcl Studio 6.0.2.5 (same) and he had no errors trying to save multiple times.

So this "seems" to be a OpenDcl / Win 8.1 / network issue.

Anybody else seen this and is there a fix?

owenwengerd

I have not seen or heard of this before. Have you noticed similar behavior in other programs that save files to the server?

commodore

Quote from: owenwengerd on April 10, 2014, 02:51:00 PM
I have not seen or heard of this before. Have you noticed similar behavior in other programs that save files to the server?

I have not.

Some additional information, I have my machine setup to Dual boot Win 7 64bit or Win 8.1 64bit.
After I posted this question I rebooted my machine into Win 7 and opened the same file on the server with OpenDcl Studio 6.0.2.5 and I could save multiple times with no errors.

owenwengerd

Do you see any different behavior of you save quickly several times in succession, or is the problem evident only after some period of time passes? I don't use Windows 8.1, so can't test this myself, but maybe someone else with 8.1 can try to reproduce the problem.

commodore

funny you should ask.
We tried opening the file and not doing anything but just letting it sit open for 10 minutes, still could not save more than once.