dcl_Control_SetPicture or dcl_PictureBox_LoadPictureFile

Started by velasquez, October 22, 2014, 03:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

velasquez

I'm working on a project with a lot of pictures.
My question is to store all these images in .odcl file that is too complex or work with images outside the file.
Has anyone done comparisons and has an opinion on the most efficient method?

Thanks

owenwengerd

I think it would depend on how they are used. If you use every image every time, then it should be more efficient to load them all at once from the .odcl file. On the other hand, if you don't always use all the images, it may be more efficient to load them on demand from a separate file so that unused images do not require any resources.

Fred Tomke

Hi, vela, had no time to answer yer, but I wanna give to a hint of my experiences:
I usually add icons 16x16 to 32x32 into the internal picturefolder or to the control's picturelist.
Other images I put into an image folder beside the prg-folder and I load them at runtime.
That keeps the OpenDCL project file small and fast. It is my experience when I was programming OpenDCL and Lisp apps.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

velasquez

Quote from: Fred Tomke on November 12, 2014, 10:53:36 AM
Hi, vela, had no time to answer yer, but I wanna give to a hint of my experiences:
I usually add icons 16x16 to 32x32 into the internal picturefolder or to the control's picturelist.
Other images I put into an image folder beside the prg-folder and I load them at runtime.
That keeps the OpenDCL project file small and fast. It is my experience when I was programming OpenDCL and Lisp apps.

Regards, Fred

Thank you Fred,
I'm following this path.

Regards, Velasquez