Combo Box - Styles 7 and 8

Started by Peter2, October 29, 2014, 02:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter2

(see Masterdemo.lsp for examples)
-----------------------
If Combo Box has Style 7 (Plotstyle), then the first entry from the list is immediately displayed in the list.
Style 8 (Fonts) does not display an entry by default, an entry must be selected.

Bug or Feature?

Peter
Peter
ODCL 8.1.... German, AutoCAD 2017 - 2018, Win 7 x64, Win 10

owenwengerd

The plot style table combo is actually implemented by the host application, and apparently the host application automatically selects the current plot style table name after the combo is created. I guess technically it is working as designed, but I think the control should honor its Text property value that was set at design time. I will see if I can correct this.

Peter2

The problem is probably deeper (for version 7.0.1.4):

dcl_Control_GetList returns "nil" if it is set to Style 7 (Plotstyle). Here is a log-file where I have defined it

a) for Style 8: Fonts are returned
b) for Style 7: nil is returned (although the plostyletables are displayed in the Combo Box)

Code (autolisp) Select

Befehl: (dcl_Control_GetList PC3_Font_Check_dialog_LstSystemPlot)
("AcadEref" "acaderef.shx" "aehalf.shx" "AIGDT" ....... "Webdings" "Wingdings")

-> Here I changed the style to 7 and reloaded the dialogue:

Befehl: (dcl_Control_GetList PC3_Font_Check_dialog_LstSystemPlot)
nil
Peter

Peter2

Addendum:

The Plotstylelist behaves in the same way the plotstyle-combobox in print-dialog does: Started from a STB-drawing is shows only STB-files; started from a CTB-drawing it shows only CTB. This can be an unexpected side-effect sometimes.
Peter

Fred Tomke

Hi, Peter,

have you tried to count the combobox items and to return the item text of each ComboBox item (dcl-ComboBox-GetLBText)? I remember I had to used GetItemData in a color-styled combobox in the past but I may fail...

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]