Disabled controls.

Started by velasquez, November 21, 2014, 03:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

velasquez

Hello Owen.
There is a difference in the appearance of a control OpenDCL disabled in 7.0.1.4 and 8.0.0.9 OpenDCL.
Is there a way to work around this?
I made no change in the project 7.0.1.4 only saved in the new version.
Thanks.

owenwengerd

Do you see the problem if you use the original .odcl file in OpenDCL 8 runtime? Can you attach a simple sample that I can use to reproduce the problem here?

Fred Tomke

Hi, I can reproduce this in AutoCAD 2015 with controls with BackColor = -24. Change them to -16 (3D-Objects/Button). But then font color may not be rendered properly. I added 4 cases for optionlist.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

velasquez

Quote from: owenwengerd on November 21, 2014, 08:48:51 PM
Do you see the problem if you use the original .odcl file in OpenDCL 8 runtime? Can you attach a simple sample that I can use to reproduce the problem here?

Hello Owen,
I posted the example you asked.
I worked with OpenDCL Studio 8.0.0.9 and runtime.
I tested with AutoCAD 2010 2012 2013 and 2015 with the same result.

velasquez

Quote from: Fred Tomke on November 22, 2014, 04:12:28 AM
Hi, I can reproduce this in AutoCAD 2015 with controls with BackColor = -24. Change them to -16 (3D-Objects/Button). But then font color may not be rendered properly. I added 4 cases for optionlist.

Fred
Thanks for your help Fred.
velasquez

owenwengerd

Quote from: velasquez on November 22, 2014, 05:53:37 AM
I posted the example you asked.

Unfortunately the sample does not load in OpenDCL 7. I will try to create one here.

owenwengerd

I tested your sample in OpenDCL 8, but I do not see the problem with background color on my system. It looks like your dialog background color is different, so probably you have a different Windows theme. Do you have aero enabled? Which theme?

velasquez

Quote from: owenwengerd on November 22, 2014, 09:21:30 AM
I tested your sample in OpenDCL 8, but I do not see the problem with background color on my system. It looks like your dialog background color is different, so probably you have a different Windows theme. Do you have aero enabled? Which theme?

The theme I use is the same as always I used to OpenDCL 7 ....
I do not even temho areo on my Windows 7 Home Basic.
I do not think you need to create an example because the problem only happens to version 8 ...

owenwengerd

I created a sample, and was able to reproduce the problem. It happens when themes are enabled.

I found a flaw in the OpenDCL code for determining when themes are active for a given control. The flaw affects Check Boc, Frame, Label, and Radio Button controls. This is now fixed for the next build.

Fred, it seems the problem with the option list control is a different problem.

velasquez

Quote from: Fred Tomke on November 22, 2014, 04:12:28 AM

Fred
Hello Fred,
I skirted the problem with the image below using dcl_control_redraw.
Have you tried?

velasquez

Quote from: owenwengerd on November 22, 2014, 11:40:17 AM
I created a sample, and was able to reproduce the problem. It happens when themes are enabled.

I found a flaw in the OpenDCL code for determining when themes are active for a given control. The flaw affects Check Boc, Frame, Label, and Radio Button controls. This is now fixed for the next build.

Fred, it seems the problem with the option list control is a different problem.

Thanks Owen,
You know when it will launch the next building?

owenwengerd

After some testing, I found that the option list problem happens on only one of my two monitors. If I move the test dialog between monitors it looks correct on one, and wrong on the other. I have made a small change that should fix that problem as well. This change is also related to themes, and the fix affects other controls as well (specifically on the the listbox I noticed a change -- other controls may not have any noticeable change).

I don't know yet when the next build will be uploaded. If it is critically important for you to get the fix, I can upload it soon.

velasquez

Quote from: owenwengerd on November 22, 2014, 01:48:33 PM
After some testing, I found that the option list problem happens on only one of my two monitors. If I move the test dialog between monitors it looks correct on one, and wrong on the other. I have made a small change that should fix that problem as well. This change is also related to themes, and the fix affects other controls as well (specifically on the the listbox I noticed a change -- other controls may not have any noticeable change).

I don't know yet when the next build will be uploaded. If it is critically important for you to get the fix, I can upload it soon.

Thank you for your attention Owen.
I need to update a large project for AutoCAD 2015 and all forms appear with the problem with disabled = False.
Fix it is critically important for me.

owenwengerd

Please test Alpha 10 and verify that your controls display as expected.

velasquez

Quote from: owenwengerd on November 25, 2014, 08:29:57 AM
Please test Alpha 10 and verify that your controls display as expected.

Hello Owen
I tested Alpha 10 and the controls are displayed with no problem as they are expected.
Thank you for your fast response.