cbaCAD

Dear all,
it is possible in AutoCAD to use following code:

(dcl_sendstring "circle")
(dcl_sendstring " ")

but it doesn't work in BricsCAD:

(dcl_sendstring "cricle") -> is shown in command:-row
(dcl_sendstring " ") starts the last command instead of "circle"

I know, if I use (dcl_sendstring "circle ") it works on both sides, but for "Tablett-Emulator" with original ".mnu"-files I need separated command version.

Can somebody help me?

Kind regards

Rainer
Rainer Bous
Dipl.-Ing. (FH)

roy_043

I understand your problem. But since your code has parsed the menu file, you know the exact sequence of strings that will have to be sent. So it should be possible to avoid this altogether.

Fred Tomke

Hello, Rainer,

I recommend you to compare the behaviour between AutoCAD 2014 and AutoCAD 2016. Autodesk removed fiber in AutoCAD 2015 and I can imagine that it has consequences in the behaviour of calling commands.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

Peter2

Peter
ODCL 8.1.... German, AutoCAD 2017 - 2018, Win 7 x64, Win 10

Fred Tomke

Hi, fiber is a special technology supported by Microsoft. Using this technology it allowed AutoCAD 2014 and older releases to keep each drawing capsulated. That means, you've started a command in a drawing and while this command is running you could make another drawing active to start another command. That is not possible anymore. This is the only thing where the "normal user" can see a difference to AutoCAD 2015 and 2016. I assume, Autodesk had its reasons to use this in the past. But it also had some negative effects (for instance in debugging C# applications).

But now some commands have to be called asynchronously. You reach that using command-s instead of vl-cmdf and command.

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

Peter2

Peter
ODCL 8.1.... German, AutoCAD 2017 - 2018, Win 7 x64, Win 10