OpenDCL for 2004 vs 2010 and BricsV15

Started by Jim Short, April 02, 2016, 07:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Short

My app has a docked bar with a slider that changes a lisp var controlling the speed of an animation running in lisp. OpenDCL running in Acad2k4 will allow the slider to be moved while animation is in progress.
Event Evoke = (0) Synchronous. If Asynchronous it does not.

ObjectDCL Event Evoke = (0) Keep Focus in Acad2k4 also allowed changing animation speed.

Testing same in Acad2010 or BricsCAD V15 does not allow interrupt as is possible in Acad2k4.

Is this working as expected on later versions? Is there a way to achieve the same affect?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Short

owenwengerd

Is your control bar's Keep Focus property enabled? It sounds like you have an OnScroll event handler for the slider, but a better design might be to eliminate the OnScroll event and just read the slider's current value from your lisp code at the point where it's needed.

Jim Short

Control keep focus=true
ReleaseCapture Event=checked
Jim Short

owenwengerd

Handling ReleaseCapture is risky, as the event is executing while the system is transitioning from an unusual state. I would consider eliminating the event and just querying the slider value when needed.

Jim Short

I am still looking into this. The modeless window with slider can not get focus while the lisp animation expression is evaluating. I tried this while inside a simple lisp expression and I had access to the slider. Is it possible that the animation is too deeply nested?
Jim
Jim Short