I cannot run Level1 example.

Started by xaxo87, June 30, 2016, 12:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xaxo87

Hi to everyone,
at first of all say that I'm starting to learn DCL. I've Installed DCL 8.0.5 version and Autocad 2016.

The problem consists that I cannot ejecute the example "Level 1" when I execute the Hello command it appears a message that says: Project failed to load! The file could not be found or an error occurred while reading the file. [HelloWorld]

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot.
Greetings.

roy_043

Most likely the HelloWorld.odcl file cannot be found.

Quote from: OpenDCL_Tutorial.pdfSave the project file as “HelloWorld.odcl” to an AutoCAD support directory or another directory of your choice that is in AutoCAD's search path.
Have you followed this instruction?

xaxo87

Hi roy, yes I saved the .odcl file with this name (HelloWorld) and in the same path than the .lsp file.

I attach you the files that I'm using to make that clear.

Thanks.

roy_043

Quote from: xaxo87 on June 30, 2016, 05:07:56 AM
Hi roy, yes I saved the .odcl file with this name (HelloWorld) and in the same path than the .lsp file.

I attach you the files that I'm using to make that clear.

Thanks.
But is the .lsp file located in an AutoCAD search path folder?

Alternatively you can work with all files (including the active .dwg file!) in a single folder or supply the full path for the .odcl file:
(dcl_Project_Load "C:\\FullPath\\HelloWorld" T)

xaxo87

Hi roy, you were alright. The problem was that I had not in the same path the .dwg file and the lisp & odcl files. Anyway it has worked writing the absolute path into the .lsp as you said.

Thanks for the support roy.

Greetings.