Old lisp file moving forward

Started by jrampello, August 24, 2016, 01:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrampello

Hello,

I have a pretty extensive lisp file that does many tasks, my biggest problem is modifying the files associated with it to move it forward in newer autocad versions.  I am trying to get it to work in acad 2017, this lisp file was originally created for acad 2012 and modified for use in 2015.  I have installed the newest opendcl studio ENU 8.0.5.0 on my machine, however I get errors finding\reading the opendcl project file and then get form show errors.  When I load the lsp file it says it is loaded, the command aliases work when typed, however, the graphical portion does not show.  command line says open dcl runtime for this version is loaded.  I have attached the lisp file and my opendcl project file.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks Jim

roy_043

jrampello

Sorry forgot to post errors.

I get two notifications, the first box pops up when I try to invoke a command that needs the opendcl portion to work.  It states:

AutoCAD message:

Project failed to load!
The file could not be found or an error occurred while reading the file.
[S:\std\acad\ComDev\Support\mstools\mstools.odcl]  -  correct file path where this file does exist.

I click OK then get,

OpenDCL Runtime Error

An OpenDCL function argument processing exception has occurred.

Error: NIL value not allowed
Function: dcl-Form-Show
Argument: 0

As I stated before this lisp routine works for acad version 2014 & 2015, we had to modify some of the code to get it to work for 2015.  The file was created around 2011-2012.  We had similar issues getting it to work in 14-15.

roy_043

The error message seems pretty clear.
If the .odcl file is indeed in the correct folder it may be a Windows permissions issue or a network problem.

jrampello

There doesn't seem to be a permission problem that I can find.  Could it be that the odcl project was created with the old opendcl version, would this file need to be updated to 8.0.5.0?  If I do that does this adversely affect my existing usage of this file in 2015?  Would opendcl need to be upgraded on every computer that is using this lisp file?

roy_043

Your suggestions all seem unlikely.
To test this further:
Copy the .odcl file to a local folder and try to 'dcl-Project-Load' from there.

jrampello

I have been able to remedy the problems with my lisp routine.  Thanks for the input.

roy_043

It would be nice if you provide some more details. That way others can benefit from this topic.

jrampello

You were correct about the permissions.  I installed the acad software on a machine setup differently in our organization and loaded the new version of opendcl (8.0.5.0) onto it and the graphics that were not displaying properly and all tools work as expected, no error messages.  I really didn't do anything differently for the 2017 version than we currently do for our 2015 version.  Had I done this to begin with there would have been no issues!  You live and learn for your oversights and errors.