Palette to foreground in Brics

Started by CADwiesel, October 04, 2016, 02:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CADwiesel

i uses often self designed Palettes. But they are mostly behind the Property and Text window of Bricscad. When they are foldet to the Barn, and now you move over the Mouse, they are expanding but mostly in the back, not in the front.
How is it possible, to bring the Palette to foreground?
Gruss,
CADwiesel
Besucht uns im CHAT

owenwengerd

Do I understand correctly that your Properties palette and Text window are also floating, and your floating palette rolls out behind those other floating palettes? Which version of BricsCAD?

CADwiesel

Hi Owen,
yes, correct!
Im testing now on V15.2, 16.2 and 17 I cant find no rule for this. Im using the Bricscad Application with opened Property bar.
Sometimes my Palettes opens behind the Propertys window and won't come to the foreground-even not, when i click on the Palette bar or move my palette to another place on the Screen. I have to close the Property Bar first.
Gruss,
CADwiesel
Besucht uns im CHAT

owenwengerd

Sorry, I could not reproduce the problem in V17. I wonder if it is related to your graphics hardware or driver.

Fred Tomke

Hi, Martin, can you reproduce this with an empty palette (without any controls and events)? Maybe something prevents the palette to come to front.
@Owen: I think about an additional function to use the window shell32 P/Invoke method SetForegroundWindow. Would this help?

Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

Quote from: Fred Tomke on October 28, 2016, 03:16:00 AM
@Owen: I think about an additional function to use the window shell32 P/Invoke method SetForegroundWindow. Would this help?

Calling SetForegroundWindow is almost always a bad idea. We need to know the underlying reason. Testing with an empty palette is an excellent idea.