Sugg.: Keep focus in View "Tab Order"

Started by Peter2, November 28, 2016, 06:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter2

When I click on a control-name in the tab-order-panel, the control is highlighted in the dialogue - and the focus jumps back to dialogue. Mostly a fine behaviour.

But sometimes I want to check all controls in a dialogue, and for this it would be great to click the first control (in tab-view) that I'm interested in, and went through all following entries with cursor-up / cursor-down (standard handling of any list in Windows). Due to the lost focus I can not use the cursor and have to click - click - click with the mouse.

What's about of (optional?) modifying this behaviour? (The current solution has its advantages too ...)

Peter
Peter
ODCL 8.1.... German, AutoCAD 2017 - 2018, Win 7 x64, Win 10

owenwengerd

Would it be sufficient to just invent a new accelerator, say Ctrl+Tab, to deselect the current selection and select the control after the one with current focus? An accelerator would work from any context; it wouldn't be restricted to the tab/z-order list control.

Peter2

Quote from: owenwengerd on November 28, 2016, 05:05:35 PM
Would it be sufficient to just invent a new accelerator, say Ctrl+Tab, ...
I suppose "yes" (one for forward, one backward).

At first I tried to find some keys to automatize it with Autohotkey, but the (maybe?) only keys are in the menu. So it is not easy to make some "macros" ...
Peter
ODCL 8.1.... German, AutoCAD 2017 - 2018, Win 7 x64, Win 10