IntelliCad Compatibility

Started by noble, April 19, 2017, 08:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noble

Do you have any plans to port OpenDCL to Intellicad?

owenwengerd

IntelliCAD does not expose user interface elements in its API. Those are the foundation of OpenDCL. Unfortunately it's not feasible to support IntelliCAD without them. Note that OpenDCL does support BricsCAD and ZWCAD.

noble

Well, that's a shame. I'll contact them about this deficiency. By the way, I've found your program to be very easy to learn and use.

Fred Tomke

Hello, Owen, I just downloaded Intellicad due some future developments. What exactly do you mean with
QuoteIntelliCAD does not expose user interface elements in its API.
? What do I have to do to port OpenDCL runtime for Intellicad?
Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

You would need to implement replacements for most of the AcUi and AdUi classes from ObjectARX. I would guess it requires around 3000 programmer-hours to get a skeleton working, then another 8-12 thousand to complete the work.

Fred Tomke

Hi, Owen, sorry for the long delay. But I was shocked about your answer.
I didn't understand and underestimated the needed efforts to complete the works to be done to make OpenDCL work on IntelliCAD.
Especially I was wondering about it because my C# parts work very well in the current Beta.
Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

ITC would have the resources to do it, but I doubt that it would be a worthwhile investment for them given that new developers tend to use .NET.

Fred Tomke

Hello, Owen, I just want to come back to this thread due to future compatibility of our customers extisting applications still using AutoCAD. Did I understand right, that Bricsys did the effort to implement replacements for most of the AcUi and AdUi classes from ObjectARX?
We just wanna have a try to compile against Intellicad. It might be easier than to rewrite the whole application (which is also not ours but we have many customers using it and we have the chance to convince and encourage the developers to support also ITC). 
Regards, Fred
Fred Tomke

owenwengerd

Quote from: Fred Tomke on November 09, 2018, 03:08:55 AM
Did I understand right, that Bricsys did the effort to implement replacements for most of the AcUi and AdUi classes from ObjectARX?

Yes, that is correct.