Entmake and ActiveX Interference

Started by Jim Short, March 31, 2009, 07:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Short

Extension Dictionary xRecord writes using entmake may fail or throw an error when called inside an OpenDCL event. Use of VLax methods that do not use entmake will work around this problem.
Jim Short

Fred Tomke

Hi, Jim,

did you have such experiences in modal forms? If so, try to do it from modeless forms (or dockable forms or palettes) from an event of a control whose property EventInvoke is set to "AllowCommand". It should work then. I also had experiences that some other types of extended data were not set although using vlax-... functions, for instance vlax-ldata-put. That may fail, too. But you are right - vla-functions have much more success in several situations.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

Jim Short

Fred,

My experience was with non-modal forms. Much as been said about ldata frailty on other news groups. I never used those functions. I would be interested in knowing about any other xrecord write failures using VLAX and OpenDCL.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Short

Fred Tomke

Jim, you wrote that you call writing XRecords from modless forms. Are these events called by controls with the property EventInvoke = AllowCommand?

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]