dcl_Control_SetBackColor not working on slides

Started by mr nick, April 07, 2009, 08:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

velasquez

This penalty until today it didn't harm my work, and I believe that nobody has noticed this.

Velasquez

Danner

I would take the perfomance penalty too, (assuming its just for this control and function). I never noticed the issue in v4.  I use SetBackColor as a quick and  easy way to denote a selected Blockview "control".  For me SetHighlight is just not noticable enough, especially when you have several blockviews on one form.

Fred Tomke

Hello Owen,

To answer your question I will say that when I use SetBackColor at runtime then only to highlight one of nine blockview controls.

Quoteit would cause a noticeable delay at runtime
The question is how long would this be and how stable is the recreation of the control. Does the recreation mean that the block has to be reloaded? That would cause that main delay, I fear. I think of the sample of Danner and me using SetBackColor for selecting a block. If the user clicks 3 different blockview in a second AutoCAD shouldn't crash.

These are some thoughts about this.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

Fred Tomke

Hello Owen,

another thought of mine:

QuoteThis presents a bit of a dilemma, because caching the displayed graphics is a performance improvement. Those controls use AutoCAD AcGsView control internally,...

Caching the displayed graphics is a new feature from you or does the AutoCAD AcGsView control do this automatically?
I just had the idea of a design time property UseCache. If this is set to true the the displayed graphics will be cached and all performance improvements are available. If UseCache is set to No the graphics will not be cached but SetBackColor can be set at runtime (as an example).

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

owenwengerd

Fred, the graphics cache is part of AutoCAD AcGsView. I'm too busy right now to do much work on this, but I will investigate this problem in more depth when I have some time.