Insertion points Show

Started by velasquez, June 04, 2009, 05:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

velasquez

I know a program that management the drawings of a directory he has the characteristic below. 

*Insertion points plows displayed it goes drawings with images.

See the image.
Would it be possible to create some thing similar to OpenDCL? 

Fred Tomke

Hi, velasquez, I've made something similar.

Fred
Fred Tomke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Landespflege

[ landscaper - landscape developer - digital landscape and urban design]

velasquez

Hi Fred, 
You didn't understand well. 
I am talking about the red points in the drawing. 
They show the basepoint of the drawing. 
The same gotten with (getvar " insbase ").

BazzaCAD

Yes I've been thinking the same thing.
I'd like the insertion point shown for the Dwg Preview control also.
Like this: http://www.cadfx.com/blockman/screenshot.gif
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs
barryDOTralphsATgmailDOTcom

BazzaCAD

Fred, how do you get your DWG Previews looking so good (or are you using the BlockView)?
Mine always look like #$^&%$#, with random missing lines.
I'm wondering if it's an aspect ration thing.....
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

Fred Tomke

Hi, guys,

@velasquez, sorry for my misinterpretation. I've already had the feeling that you meant the red point. But I have no idea how to point it out, especially in a isometric or perspective view. There are flying two ideas through my mind - not nice but they should work:
1. Create slides for each symbol with a point for insbase. Show a slide instead of each drawing in the form.
2. When you want to show the dwg-files in the preview then you have to save the block with a point object at insbase which is created on a layer which is off in the drawing where the block shall be inserted to. In this case the block has a point in the preview but not in the drawing.
The third idea to overlay the dwgpreview with a transparent image with a drawn circle and cross at the computed position of insbase of the shown block behind is so heavy this kind as I will leave it out to mention. ;)

@Barry: try backcolor 7 of dwgpreview instead. As you can see in my screenshot the highlighted preview uses no backcolor 7 and looks much worse than the previews with backcolor 7.

Fred
Fred Tomke

BazzaCAD

Quote from: Fred Tomke on June 04, 2009, 11:23:13 AM
@Barry: try backcolor 7 of dwgpreview instead. As you can see in my screenshot the highlighted preview uses no backcolor 7 and looks much worse than the previews with backcolor 7.

Hmmm, you're right. 7 looks much better.
Owen why is this?
Should I report a bug?
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

owenwengerd

I have no idea why that is. Yes, report it as a bug, and attach a simple sample that demonstrates it. I'm not sure what can be done about it, but at least it will be logged.

Fred Tomke

Hi, Barry and Owen, I'm afraid that it has its reaon in the dwgthumbnail-control. We also use the ActiveX control DWGThumbnail in forms made in VisualObjects (a development platform like Delphi). There we have similar problems. I also tried to use the DWGThumbnail control as ActiveX control with ObjectDCL with similar problems. In the end I gave up and I use white backcolor throughout the product.

Fred
Fred Tomke

BazzaCAD

I've updated this bug report: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1683994&group_id=187950&atid=923363
I wonder what control CADfx & velasquez program is using...
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

BazzaCAD

Would (acdbGetPreviewBitmapFromDwg) work better then (acdbDisplayPreviewFromDwg) as our buddy Tony suggests here:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=4223282&#4223282

It's all Greek to me.... :)
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

owenwengerd

I tried to duplicate the functionality of acdbDisplayPreviewFromDwg by extracting the bitmap with acdbGetPreviewBitmapFromDwg, but I haven't been successful. The acdbDisplayPreviewFromDwg function inverts the blacks and whites in the preview bitmap when it detects a black background, but try as I might, I could not figure out how to reproduce that behavior with bitmap manipulations.

BazzaCAD

a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs

velasquez

Hi Bazz 
Can you post the drawings that you show in your code?
Thanks

BazzaCAD

Quote from: velasquez on June 10, 2009, 02:06:10 PM
Hi Bazz 
Can you post the drawings that you show in your code?
Thanks

There are over 5000 of them & I don't think Simpson would like me taking created for them.
But you can download them here: http://www.strongtie.com/AutoCad/index.htm
a.k.a.
Barry Ralphs